in klöver is a truly local shop featuring the work of artists and makers from across Northern Ireland and beyond. Our mission is to create an inspiring place to shop for genuinely unique, handmade products. We have shops in Hillsborough & Moira, an online shop and also an arts social enterprise called klöver haus.
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic and hard working part-time sales advisor to provide an outstanding customer experience primarily at 2-4 Ballynahinch Street, Hillsborough but also at 92A Main Street, Moira when needed. The role will initially be 15-24 hours per week, Thursday to Saturday.
As a small team who believe in going the extra mile, we not only require someone who is truly passionate about what we do but also someone who is happy to be run off their feet! This is both a mental and physical role as it requires learning and development of product knowledge as well as the energy to work on your feet and carry out tasks such as unpacking incoming stock and replenishing the shop.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver a positive and friendly experience on a daily basis by engaging customers through conversation and going that extra mile to help
- Be enthusiastic and passionate about the products we sell
- Have a genuine interest in furthering your knowledge on products, artists and makers
- Recognise the importance of building relationships with both customers and artists & makers
- Be a team player and assist and support colleagues wherever possible
- Have the confidence and ability to cope well under pressure, especially during busy periods
- Have the energy and stamina to be constantly on your feet and up and down stairs to replenish stock
- A proactive approach, always working productively and using your initiative during quieter periods
- Understand the importance of visual merchandising and display and how this impacts sales
- Have basic numeracy and IT skills to fulfil cashier duties and process online orders and queries
- Be flexible and willing to undertake multiple tasks required for the day to day running of the business and its long term survival
A willingness to learn, a hard-working attitude and proactive approach is essential. Experience in a retail environment is preferred but not a must. Presentation, professionalism and attitude will all play a role in making you an excellent ambassador for in klöver. You must be willing to take on responsibility, be a team player and cope well under pressure. Gift wrapping skills are valued but training will be provided.
Whilst this role is initially to help us through the forthcoming busy Christmas period, we welcome someone with a long term outlook who envisages a future with us as part of our team. You must be happy to work on Saturdays and opportunities to take holidays during December will be limited.
How to Apply
If you share our passion for and obsession for making in klöver an inspiring place to shop then we would love to hear from you! Simply send the following information to email@example.com:
- Details of previous or relevant experience
- Why you are the ideal candidate for the job
- Days and hours you are available to work
- Minimum and/or maximum hours required
There is no closing date for applications as we continue our search for the right person so please apply as soon as possible.